The new insurance policy that guarantees
the correct application of fire retardant paints
- Buildwise TV238
- Monitoring & control
- Insured Warranty
- Customer protection
- Accessible to everyone
APAC, anti-corrosion paint insurance, has been offering an “insured guarantee” for more
than 50 years for anti-corrosion and adhesion of coatings on steel structures.
APAC Fire – Objective
A qualitative and quantitative follow-up during the application of a fire-resistant paint
system in order to offer quality and security to architects, consultancy firms and their clients.
We guarantee corrosion and adhesion in a C1/C2 indoor environment.
APAC Fire – For whom
APAC Fire – Required documents for approval
- Intumescent paint layer thickness calculation, as prepared by paint manufacturer
- Substantiated critical temperature, for columns and beams, if any deviation from 550°C
- Paint system
- Certified sample preparation Sa 2 ½ (certificate 3.1 from steel supplier)
APAC Fire – Checks to be carried out by Vinçotte
- Steel preparation Sa 2 ½ or certified via steel supplier (certificate 3.1)
- Steel surface with welding primer St3, if rust degree >Re1 must be blasted to Sa 2 ½
- Primer layer thickness in accordance with ISO 2808 & 19840
- Intumescent paint layer thickness in accordance with ISO 2808 & 19840
- Finish layer thickness in accordance with ISO 2808 & 19840
Inspection and control
APAC Fire – Completion
After delivery, a quality label in the form of an APAC Fire warranty is delivered to the client.
This gives the guarantee needed that the intumescent paint system has been applied according to the guidelines of TV238.
Accessible to all